AOK provides public health insurance in Germany and offers special support to expats with service, support & information in English as well as 16 different languages.
With more than 34 million members AOK is a leader in the industry with special programs and services aimed at the expat community.
- full coverage i.e. routine check up, dental, pregnancy, hospitalisation, etc...
- fees are based on percentage of income
- dependents also covered - for non working spouse & children
- no questions about pre-existing conditions
- electronic health card - no out of pocket payments at the doctors office, clinic, hospital etc.
- service, support and information in english as well as 16 different languages.
- list of doctors who speak your language
- As an added benefit, AOK grants members an annual allowance of €270 to be used for Health & Lifestyle Education Classes as well as Alternative Medicine, Midwife Consultations, Lamaze Classes, and other health-related services. Simply send us your bills and we will refund you accordingly. Speak to your coordinator to learn about eligibility.
- rewards for fitness and health checkups via Fitmit (up to 300€ annually)